The nostalgia of a favorite candy bar can bring back memories of childhood or a special moment. Reminisce this delicious baked good in your own home with this chocolate and caramel housemade treat.
This copycat “Twix” bar recipe is an Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering customer favorite. This is a fun sweet to make at home with your family or for a dinner party that you are hosting. It is also the perfect gift to give in a beautiful gift box.
Below is the recipe from our award-winning team of chefs.
Step 1 | Dough
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 cup Flour
- Pre-heat oven to 325°
- Using a mixer, combine butter & sugar until smooth.
- Slowly add egg and mix well.
Add flour and baking powder.
- Mix until combined.
- Press the dough onto an 8×10 cookie sheet & freeze for approximately 30 minutes or until firm.
- Once firm, cover the sheet with plastic wrap or parchment paper & cover with a lightweight item to weigh down the dough.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 2 | Caramel
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 ½ Tbsp Butter
1 ¾ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Tbsp Dark Corn Syrup
- In a pot over the stove, melt the butter.
- Add in the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Slowly whisk in the corn syrup, condensed milk & vanilla.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour Caramel over the dough and let cool.
- Once cool, cut the dough into bar size strips and coat with milk/coating chocolate.